Sunday, July 29, 2007

Tasty Roasted Chicken

Another hot day and chicken was on the menu. Due to the heat, I chose to 'bake' the chicken in an electric roaster outside. Worked great and chicken was very tasty and more moist than if I had used a conventional recipe. Another keeper recipe! Better yet, it includes ingredients you are likely to already have on hand. The recipe below reflects the same ingredients, but I only included the roaster information. Enjoy!

Tasty Baked Chicken

Betty Reuter, Taste of Home Test Kitchens

1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds) cut up (I removed skin)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup dry sherry (I used a white Zinfandel)
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons soy sauce
2 shallots, chopped (I used green onions)

1. Place the chicken in a greased roaster. Sprinkle with salt, tarragon, paprika and pepper. Combine with sherry, lemon juice and soy sauce; drizzle over chicken. Top with shallots

2. Roast, covered, at 350 F until chicken is done (about 2 hours). Meat thermometer should read 180 F. Yield 4-6 servings.

No comments: