Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Kitchen Stuff

Kitchen stuff can be fun and useful. My scrapbooking buddy, Helle, who hails from Finland, brought this as a gift for my Mom, who spoke only Finnish until she was 7 (alas, she only remembers a few words now). Helle's mom has had the very same style crock on her stove for years. I guess they are popular in Finland. Sure gets used a lot!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Normally, you only see cooking successes on my blog. Here was a disaster. This was a supposed fast-to-make treat using refrigerated crescent rolls and cinnamon coated marshmallows. Doesn't work in my oven as you can see. I even had the temp 25 F less because I thought this might happen. Everybody liked the flavor of the failures, but I guess we'll just go back to Monkey Bread. Yes, folks, I have TOSSED a recipe!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: