Friday, April 18, 2008

Spanish Noodles 'n Ground Beef

Ordinarily, I'm not actually big on ground beef recipes because, since I lost my sense of smell, the flavor isn't all it could be. This particular recipe was not only fast and easy, but yummy as well. While the original recipe does call for green pepper, let me suggest to you to spend the extra and use a red pepper. The flavor is outstanding! Also, if you use spiral noodles, like I did, the noodles come out al dente instead of mushy - quite a change from many skillet dishes. Also, I used low fat ground beef, so didn't bother to drain. This recipe is from Taste of Home Winning Recipes.

Spanish Noodles ' Ground Beef

Kelli Jones, Peris, CA

1 pound ground beef
1 small green pepper, chopped
1/3 cup chopped onion
3 1/4 cups uncooked medium egg noodles (I used spirals)
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 cup water
1/4 cup chili sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled

In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in the noodles, tomatoes, water; chili sauce, salt and pepper. Cover and cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes or until the noodles are tender, stirring frequently. Top with bacon. Yield: 5 servings.

No comments: